Thursday, January 31, 2013

Hive #2 February Block..

Hello Ladies of Hive 2, my name is Lynn and I live in Southern, Maine.  
I'm married, with 3 children, all girls, Ages 33 and 13 year old twins. 
I also have one granddaughter.
We have two dogs, two cats and a bunch of chickens - all girls! My poor husband!

Zeva                                                                                                                      Mojo






 










Hardest quilt thing I've made, umm that's tough - I'm always up for the challenge - I like trying new things - I think the hardest thing is making quilts for others, especially if it is a commissioned quilt.

Last time I laughed really hard;
I'm with my twin daughters and we're going home after the orthodontist and we pass a 
Chinese Restaurant, called the "Wok in Roll". 
And I said "Look it's the Wok and Roooll." 
and from the back of the van they say "What!"  
I said "The Wok and Rooooll" 
and a few minutes later from the back of the van I hear 
"Mom, I never did see that walking mole."  
We were laughing so hard I had tears running down my face.  


My day job I'm a Bookkeeper in the Accounting Department at a Doctor's Office.
I blog over at K&S Design Girls.

I learned to sew when I was around 8 years old, my grandmother taught me. The first things that I sewed were of course Barbie/doll clothes. I use to make most of my own clothes and the clothes for my girls when they were younger.  
I made my first quilt about 30 years ago and I still sits at the bottom of my bed on the hope chest.

My life philosophy - 
Be Kind -
Treat others how you would want to be treated - eat dessert first.
Great everyone with a smile!



On to the block!

I'm hoping you'll each make one wonky star block and one wonky log cabin.  
I will be donate this quilt to a charity for tweens/teenagers.



Bright, fun colors, unisex colors, I would like 12.5 inch (12 inch finished) blocks. For the wonky stars I would like the background to be a solid color or a tone on tone color. I would prefer not to use white, gray or black as the background but if that's what you have it will be fine. 

Wonky Star Block instructions here.
Wonky Log cabin if you need instructions please email me.


6 comments:

mammafairy said...

Lovely idea! The star will be ok, but I need to find an extra wonky gene for the log cabin....

cheeky monkey said...

Thank you! This will be fun!

Carol said...

Zeva is gorgeous.

LYNN said...

It's fine if its not wonky.

LYNN said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bri said...

I've been wanting to do a wonky start so this should be fun! It's neat you chose two different blocks...I need to decide on my block for my month....