Monday, July 22, 2013

August Hive 2 Block

Hello All!

I'm Adrienne and I am your Queen Bee for August. I am the last queen for this round of Hive 2, hard to believe that the year is gone already! Since we are in the summer months, I thought I would post my block early so that people have lots of time to get that sewing done. I am all about relaxing in the summer :)

I am a member of Hive 3 as well, so you can find out a little more about me at this post or I recently did a "Let's Get Acquainted" Post on my blog, Chezzetcook Modern Quilts, if you would like to hop over there.

On to the block request! I would like a Churn Dash. This block has always been a favorite of mine, and I have been seeing them a lot lately out and about. This tutorial at Janice Elaine Sews is great and makes a 12.5" block. For colors I was inspired by this combo over at Pile o Fabric, a solid churn dash with the background being some low volume prints. For the solid colors, please stay with blues, light or dark does not matter, for background, whatever colors you want, just low volume prints.


Thanks everyone! I am looking forward to seeing your blocks.
Happy Summer!
Adrienne

3 comments:

Nataki said...

what do you mean by low volume fabrics?

LYNN said...

My understanding low volume means, white/off white background with a small print. Hope this helps. Lynn

Adrienne said...

Thanks Lynn - sorry about that Nataki, I should have put more of an explanation in: "Low volume" refers to prints that read nearly as solids in a black and white photograph. Low volume fabrics don't have to be just grey-scale or beige either--soft colors combined with creams and white also work well as low volume fabrics. Light ginghams and polka dots on light backgrounds are also good choices

Hope this helps :)