Friday, January 9, 2015

January Block for Hive 1

Hello. I'm Sarah from San Jose, California and I blog regularly at Things I Make. I'm so glad to join the Stash Bee this year. This month I made a block for Alison, our Hive Mama (and Bee Mama!). After cutting pieces for my littlest geese (and the center square) the wrong size and forgetting to cut the corner squares in the first pass I got my act together and got everything cut out correctly (without even running out of fabric, though that was close). Beyond my cutting mistakes, the block went together easily. Here it is!

 
Alison asked us for or biggest quilting disaster... Hm... I guess my worst oops while quilting was when I was free motion quilting a large lap quilt and my extra batting and backing fabric got folded over under the quilt and I quilted it all together. What a mess! Lots of unsewing. :-/

No comments: