Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Hive 3 March Block

When I saw Carolyn's choice for March I was delighted.  The migration block looks fantastic and versatile.  The making of it was a real test of my piecing skills.  Look at all those seams!
 Getting this to turn out at 16.5" was a battle, in its heart it wanted to be 16". 
I was surprised that last month's choice of block being brown left me with lots of fabrics to choose from in my stash and this month's choice of Lime, Chartreuse, Teal and Turquoise left me struggling with only 1 fabric on hand for the turquoise.  Time to do some fabric shopping I think!

Carolyn asked us what out favourite block is.  Not sure about this one, probably the Dutch Rose aka Swoon, I guess.  It's one of those I've made more than once!


1 comment:

helenjean@midgetgemquilts said...

I am swooning over your swoon. That is technically all one block?