Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Hive 7 May Blocks


I finished my stash bee blocks for May.  I don't know why but I struggled to find 8 fabrics in shades of the same color.  While none of them are solids a couple may look like it in the photo because they are hand dyed or batiks.  None of them are repeats - promise.  I put in as many prints as I  had.  I think this quilt will be so fun to see when all of the blocks are together.






Jan asked us to answer, "What gets you in a creative mode when you are in a creative funk?"  I love to browse blogs and pinterest for ideas.  I look for design ideas not block or pattern ideas.  I find a striking quilt and study it trying to decide what it is that makes it so striking.  Sometimes when creativity is not flowing, I just have to walk away and come back to it later.  A wise quilter once told me, "the quilt will tell you what it needs".  I believe this whole heartedly.




3 comments:

Josie said...

Great colour choices, they look lovely!

Jan aka StampQn said...

I love, love, love them! Perfect for my quilt. Jan

LA Paylor said...

that's exactly what I do. I study a quilt, or piece of art and define why I like it or not. It helps to develop a personal style. Leeanna at not afraid of color