Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Hive 5 June Blocks for Tisha

These came together quickly once I finally got around to cutting fabric.  Not sure why it took me so long to start them. 


This block is a cool shape---I'm definitely curious to see what it looks like when you put a lot of them together!

I have to say, though, I'm not sure about monochrome quilts---doesn't it get to be a lot of green?

I love planning and piecing tops.  It's the actual quilting I don't like.  I even don't mind cutting, pin-basting, or hand stitching the binding.  I like to make full quilts---most often queen size---and it's just a pain to wrestle that all through my domestic machine.  I have a whole pile of tops waiting. I keep thinking that I should just send them out---they really are big to do without a longarm!---but it's a bunch of money, and then I can't spend that money on fabric... :)

Hope you like them, Tisha!

- Genevieve 

No comments: