Sunday, June 28, 2015

Hive #6 Exploding Stars June 2015

Hello y'all.  I'm Julia S. Aka The other Julia in Hive 6 and here is my June block.  

I love saturated colors and star blocks so I was super excited when Summer decided it was this month's block.  I decided to use the colors in center block to pick the colors for the outer two stars.  This was my first time doing "no waste" flying geese.  It took me a few tries to to figure it out but once I did I was happy. I have a hard time making neat geese because of bias distortion and this method helped with that. 



Summer asked us: "Have you ever participated in an online Quilt-Along (QAL)? If so, which one and did you enjoy it? If not, do you have any in mind or is it just not your thing?"

This is my first online QAL.  Yanick told me about this QAL and I nervously joined up.  I've enjoyed learning new techniques.  The pressure to make good blocks for my hive mates has pushed me in the best way.  My hive mama Nela has been great about sending out reminders and answering my newbie questions.  I'm having a great experience and will definitely participate in another one.

No comments: