Wednesday, July 8, 2015

June Block for Jacki

It's July and I am posting a June block... If you haven't completed your month as Queen Bee yet you probably are thinking, "What is this woman doing with her life?" Well... I am a military wife and mother and my husband moves to Florida tomorrow (we live in Colorado)... My home life hasn't been peaches and cream for awhile and the cracks are starting to show. I can't say the problems in my life would keep everyone from getting their blocks done on time, but they for sure keep me from staying on task :/ My apologies, but here is my block, in all of her glory ;) My two current mantras are "Allow yourself to be where you are" and "meditate daily"... with those two thoughts, we can each conquer anything! :)

As the award show winners tend to say, "I would like to thank the Academy..." I would like to thank Best Press for this block... ;) Mint Splash is the scent... heavenly! :) I have been working on a TON of quilts in black and white modern prints lately and I think my eyes are beginning to  cross from all the monochromatic! :)

As far as the blocks in the example, I am from an artistic bent and so I look at the white space... the negative space in the art of the quilt. The "birds" of the blocks are nothing without the negative space in which they are encased. That space makes the piece... is it a bold sky at sunset? A bright batik perhaps? Or a dark gray? A flood washing the blocks downstream?  The color of the "white space" is what gives the piece its life and sets its mood :) So chose wisely, Jacki! :P Thank you again! This is the first time I have ever done this type of block and it was a fun new challenge! :) Cheers!

No comments: