Monday, August 3, 2015

Hive 5 July Block for Kelly

So Sorry for the lateness of this post.  I actually had this block completed and mailed last week, but was unable to post.  So here it is now.

Kelly asked for Converging Corners- a Log Cabiny block.  I really like how this block turned out and it has me tempted to make a quilt like it. I do love Log Cabins!


Kelly asked us what tool we would recommend to new quilters.  One of my biggest struggles when I first started quilting was getting an accurate seam allowance.  So my favorite tool is a good 1/4 inch foot and a seam allowance gauge.  I found one by Dritz, but there are many out there.  I check my seam allowance every time I start a new project just to to make sure everything is still ok.  It has made the biggest difference in my piecing.  

Tisha

1 comment:

Kelly H. said...

Can't wait to see it in person. A 1/4" foot has been my fave "discovery" as well. How did I not know about them until recently?