Tuesday, September 29, 2015

2015 Hive 4 July Finished Block for Pam

Stash Bee Hive 4 July Finished Block
 
Thank you all for your patience with my procrastinations this year.
 
Here is a picture of the block that I had finished and mailed off to Pam.
 
This was a fun block. I plan to try a quilt like this for my house too!




 
If I were to make this again, I think I would make sure that the second cut would have been made on a seam in the firs strip, or at least at the same angle as the seams in the first strip. Even though both sides of the first strip were lined up when I sewed in the second strip, it looked a little off to me. Hope it was OK for you Pam.  
 
If you still need more orange blocks, let me know, and I can try to get it done for you in the next month.
 
You had asked where we like to shop. I prefer to shop locally, to try to keep the local quilt shops open, but sometimes online prices are just too tempting. We have a local shop, Affordable Fabrics. They buy end of bolts fabric in bulk and from the fashion district in NY, and all of their fabrics are $2.99 per yard. All fabrics, from cottons, fleece, specialty fabrics, upholstery fabrics, everything. I love their shop, and frequent them to supplement my stash, but when I am doing a coordinating quilt project, I usually would shop our local store Colchester Mill Fabrics.
 
Heather

No comments: