Thursday, September 3, 2015

Hive 9- July and August

Hello all- a bit of a crazy time here lately- my blocks have been sent and received, and here's my combo post!  Haha- sometimes you just need a little extra time.

So, here's my July block for Tiffany.  I enjoyed making this block, although it took more time than I expected, and I actually modified it a bit so that it would lay more flat in the center.  I know that Tiffany has already received it, and I hope that it will be a welcome addition to her quilt.

As for Tiffany's question, I have moved a tremendous lot in my life.  I went to 8 or 9 schools by 9th grade, and even as an adult rarely lived anywhere more than a couple of years.  Until recently.  I have lived in the same county now for 11 years, which is more than twice as long as I have ever lived in any one place.


And here is Shauna's block for August.  I enjoyed making this one, and actually am feeling pretty inspired about starting another project based on it.  So, thanks for the idea!  I know that Shauna has also already received this block, and I hope she is able to use it well in her project.

As for her question, to be honest, I don't have a favorite simple quilt pattern.  I love trying new things often, and I rarely go back to a pattern I've made before, mostly just #becauseADD.  



Thanks all, and I hope you are having a wonderful beginning to September!


No comments: