Sunday, January 10, 2016

Hive 4 - January block


I really like red and white quilts, but it turns out that I have pretty much no red fabric.  I had to go raid my mother-in-law's scraps!  That was quite a bit of fun though. :)

1. Name:  Amanda
2. Where you live:  Holland, MI
3. Tell us about your family:  My husband and I have two children, ages 4 and 1.
4. Tell us about your pets:  One white cat named Flurry.
5. How long have you been quilting?  I think about six years now.  I started out slowly, with plans to only make one quilt as a bucket list type item, and got hooked.
6. What crafts do you do other than quilting?  Nothing.  I used to crochet.  I play assorted computer games if I'm not quilting or reading.
7. Fabric line you want to buy next:  I don't really care about fabric lines.  I buy what I like but couldn't tell you who has made what fabric.  I really love solids.
8. Preferred quilting method (FMQ, long arm, hand, etc.):  I usually use my mid-arm.  It was a surprise birthday gift from my husband three years ago!
9. Where we can find you on social media: blog: fabricengineer.blogspot.com    IG: fabricengineer
10. Favorite book:  The Martian.  I still daydream about growing up to be an astronaut.
11. Favorite show to binge watch:  I'm not sure I'd call it my favorite, but I'm currently in the middle of watching Gilmore Girls.  It's my first time through...I'm a little behind the times.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Amanda - thank you for this beautiful block! I'm so glad I could enable a trip through your mother-in-law's scraps. Please tell her thank you for me!

Amanda said...

Will do! I'm excited to see the quilt come together.