Monday, January 25, 2016

Hive 7 January Block

January Block for Cyndi

What a great block, even though I was a bit intimidated initially -- so many HST to line up !!

1.  Name: Michelle Rees

2.  Where you live:  Kingaroy, Australia , originally from South Africa

3.  Family:  My Hubby and I have been married for a life time, hehehe just kidding, only 16 years and we have three kids, two boys and one girl

4.  Pets:  We have lots of fish, 2 dogs , a 13 year old Jack Russel and a 2 year old Catahoula with epilepsy and one silly cat, an Abbysinian named George. 

5.  How long have you been quilting:  Made my first EPP quilt when I was 13, but lapsed and didnt sew quilts again for about 20 years, I went through a clothing phase, so imagine lots of  flowing skirts. Started quilting again when my oldest was born and made the most awful applique thing, I threaten him with it daily . 

6.  Other crafts:  Pretty much will try everything, except paper crafts. Love cross stitch and crocheting

7.  Fabric line I am drooling over:  I own every single cotton and steel print every printed, I keep buying on destash accounts so I guess that would be it, another favorite is Lizzy House. and did I mention I have tons of hard to find Tula. I have been at this for a while so kinda stocked up.

8.  Preferred Quilting Method: Not really a quilting method, but until recently I loved improv. These days mainly EPP, and will only hand quilt EPP. 

9.  Social Media:  Instagram @mrees2511, pinterest Olebeans

10.  Favorite Book:  I am an avid reader, and have no favorites but I am a big sucker for Young adult literature, and just recently discovered steampunk novels. VERY GEEKY I know

11.  Favorite show to binge watch:  Netflix is a crafters best friend right! I love science fiction, and good old action shows, hate reality TV, omg it sucks ! 

12 Added for FUN. Daytime job I am a vet and stitch something everyday, whether it is furry or fluffy or just fabric, I have wicked sense of humor but a quick temper, so dont be surprised if there are some swwearing when I sew your blocks, my favorite colours are blue and green, love  fussy cutting but really SUCK at it! This is the second year I have done this bee, but one of four this year. I will try to be on time every onth mbut my track record says it might be close. 

So thats me in a nut shell. 
Loved this block ( even though I think there is too much navy, the rest of IG thought it was fine ... go figure!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Michelle,
What are the other online bees are you participating in? This is my first one, and I am trying to follow some others....

Irene