Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Hive 4: October Block for Kim

While I am just now posting on the last day of October, my block was made, sent and received earlier this month.  It's been a crazy few weeks here and time just got away from me.

Kim asked for a scrappy, happy block this month using low volume or light pastel fabrics.  While digging through my scrap bin and fat quarter boxes, I came to the realization that much like myself, there is not much low volume about my stash.  It has been mentioned on more than one occasion that I am a loud talker.  Oops!  It seems my fabric stash tends to the loud and bright as well. 

My center block is a print of pins & needles and represents my happy place - the sewing room.  Nothing can improve the day or mood quite like spending time playing with fabrics and threads!  The rest of the strips are the quietest of my fabrics.  I hope that Kim is able to use the block and that it will play well with the other lovely blocks that I see posted!




1 comment:

Kim V said...

Sharing the same happy place. I need a daily fix of fabric. Perfect choice. Thank you!