Sunday, March 12, 2017

Blocks for Lori's Dad - Hive 6 in March

Lori requested a square in a square block to make her dad a quilt - judging from everyone's quick response, this request tugged on my hive mates' hearts just as much as it did on mine!

Lori hat sich ein Quadrat in einem Quadrat in einem Quadrat gewünscht; sie will eine Quilt für ihren Papa nähen. Nach all den schnellen Reaktionen zu urteilen, war dieser Wunsch für alle anderen genauso emotional wie für mich!

 The request was for a "man-ly" focus/theme/pictorial square in the center, and then two surrounding squares, with the block to finish at 9 1/2".

  Der Block sollte einen Bild-Mittelpunkt haben, irgendetwas für einen Mann geeignet, dann zwei Quadrate aussen herum, und der Block soll 9 1/2" sein.  

 And here are my blocks:

  Und hier sind meine Blöcke:

 

 I almost never use focus/theme fabrics and so I had to dig deep into my stash to find something suitable.  I came up with these three pieces of M&M fabric, which I think will work for a guy, right?

  Ich verwende fast nie "thematische" Stoffe; ich musste da lange im Nähzimmer suchen bis ich diesen M&M Stoff gefunden habe.  Ich glaube die sind für einen älteren Herren doch ok, oder?  

I am putting these in the mail to Canada tomorrow; I'd like how this quilt turns out, and I do hope Lori's Dad enjoys it (Lori, what is Dad's name?)

  Die Blöcke werden morgen mit meinen Besten Wünschen nach Kanada verschickt.  Ich würde di fertige Quilt ganz gerne sehen und ich hoffe dass sie Lori's Papa auch gut gefällt (Lori, wie heisst denn dein Papa?)  

1 comment:

Lori said...

They look great. Dad's name is Chuck, and he will love the m & m's!